Printable Calendar - February 2017 Calendar of Events
Printable Calendar - March 2017 Calendar of Events
ADDRESS: Pier Pont Crossing; 2408 Ashley River Road; Charleston, SC 29484
MEMBERSHIP INFORMATION: (Call Todd Biegger if you have questions - 843-296-0395
- Click here for membership information
- Click here for membership application.
- Click here for membership frequently asked questions and answered
Friday, February 24, 2016 - Progressive Viennese Waltz
This is week 4 and Alex will review the last three lessons then add on a great pattern.
- There are two videos from last week showing the switch step and the entire pattern.
- There is also video posted from last week showing the entire pattern danced PLUS a breakdown of the proper way to do a box step - each person has to do their half! Click here.
- 7:30-8:30 Beginner Viennese Waltz Class Alex Ivanchenko
- 8:30 - 9:30 Practice
- Reception Connie Vance
- BDC Members - $10
- Non-Members - $15
Saturday, February 25, 2017 - Dance Party and Rumba Encore Performance by Janice and David
Do you think Rumba is boring? Well, take a look at this video to see what is possible! Marina Fridmanovich, dancing with her student, Bill Green, click here.
- 7:30 Rumba Lesson with Rebecca Long
- 8:30 Dance Party with DJ Bob Hyatt, Host Urszula Jones, and Reception Roger Viton
- February Birthday Celebrations with Shelby's coconut cake and a snowball dance. Click here to see our February birthday folks.
- If you are not on the list and should be, come join the fun!
- As a very special treat, Janice Copeland and David will do an encore performance of their Showcase Rumba piece. Wowee - see picture in the heading.
- BDC Members - $10
- USA Dance Members who live outside the Tri-County Area - $10
- Active Military - $10
- Students 21 and Under - $10
- First-Time Attendees - $10 (ask for coupon)
- Non-Members - $15
33 events a glance...........
In addition to 23 classes, 3 regular Saturday night dances, we have 7 special events on tap for YOU!
- Friday, March 3 - Cha Cha Workshop with James Jiang
- Friday, March 17 - West Coast Swing with Alex Ivanchenko
Other special events:
- Friday, March 10 - Shag Night with Jo Simokat and Walter Unchurch
- Saturday, March 11 - St. Patrick's Day and Irish Heritage Celebration - Irish Potluck
- Sunday, March 12 - Argentine Tango Milonga
- Saturday, March 24 - Salsa Dance Party with Georgia Schrubble. Plus, all March birthdays will be celebrated with a cake and snowball dance.
- Friday, March 31 - Line Dance Party - Learn "Footloose" and "Tush Push"
Group Classes March 2017
March group classes start on Wednesday March 1, 2017. The very best time to start is on the first week so that you get the full benefit of the learn, repeat, learn some more, repeat, etc system.
The first step is to pick a class that fits your skill level -
- Advanced Cha Cha - Monday 7:00 - 8:00p by Debbie Housand (4 week class)
- Intermediate/Advanced Bolero- Tuesday 7:00 - 8:00p by David Roland (4 week class)
- Beginner 1 -Foxtrot - Wednesdays 7:00 - 7:00p by Debbie Housand (5 week class)
- Beginner 2 - Rumba - Wednesday 8:00 - 9:00p by James Jiang (5 week class)
- Technique - Cha Cha - Thursday 6:00 - 7:00p by David Roland (5 week class)
Prices for Classes:
Wednesday Beginner Classes:
- $10 per week
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday Classes:
- $12 per Class
- Member Discount for Advance Payment - $10 per Class
CREDIT CARDS ACCEPTED
All classes require instructor approval if started in week 2 or after.
Videos Posted - Change of Location for new Videos
Due to a change with Shutterfly, we are now posting videos from lessons and workshops on this website.
You can click on "videos" in the menu section in the top right corner of the website and then choose the video you would like to review.
Prior to August 2016, you can see past videos on the BDC Shutterfly site. The link to the Shutterfly site is also listed in this "video" section for your convenience.
Floor Use Reminder
Practice: One of the benefits of being a BDC member is that you can rent our dance floor for practice about any time except during BDC classes and parties for only $10 an hour. You must be a member to rent the floor and there is a limit of four people. Contact Pam or Todd for the code to get in the building and for the alarm.
Procedure - You can either drop the money in the safe with envelopes provided (with your name) or put your name on the log located on the supply cabinet and you will be billed the next month. Please remember to either leave payment or log your time, we are on the honor system here!
Special Events: The floor can also be rented for special events such as anniversaries provided it is not already scheduled and it is approved by the board. Sundays are about the only evening time slots we have available - we are very busy! And that is a good thing.
Pre-Paid Admittance Cards
Need a gift idea? The new cards are printed and will fit the bill perfectly for any BDC activity. The cards may be purchased in any amount for any BDC activity. - classes, parties, workshops, balls! This is a great a way to encourage a friend to give dancing a try or simply make it easier for our current members to participate a little more. For more information email Connie Vance - email@example.com
To protect our beautiful floor, please wear dance shoes or smooth leather soles that have been cleaned of street dirt. Spike heels or other type shoes will harm the floor.