Printable Calendar - March 2017 Calendar of Events
Printable Calendar - April 2017 Calendar of Events
Never been to Ballroom Dance Charleston? Click here for your first Saturday night party ~ FREE!
General Information: : (Call Todd Biegger, Board President - 843-296-0395)
ADDRESS: Pier Pont Crossing; 2408 Ashley River Road; Charleston, SC 29484
Meet Todd who will be answering your questions.
Welcome to Ballroom Dance Charleston. We are a chapter of USA Dance, a national non-profit organization promoting ballroom dancing in the Charleston area. We are all about having fun while enjoying the many benefits of ballroom dancing. Our dancers are beginners to experienced. There is no feeling of intimidation. We have a very relaxed, comfortable atmosphere. BDC has resources to offer you group lessons on all levels. We also have private instructors available that are renting space in our ballroom. We are "Professional and Affordable." If you are a beginner or an advanced dancer, there is a place for you at Ballroom Dance Charleston.
Ballroom Dance Charleston Exterior and marquee on Ashley River Road (Ballroom Dance).
Todd welcoming you to come join the fun dancing!
Steve, one of our friendly volunteers welcoming you at the Reception Desk when you enter.
View of the inside of our beautiful ballroom.
Other special events:
What's up next....
- Friday, March 31 - Line Dance Lesson - Learn "Footloose" and "Tush Push" with lots of line dancing and high energy dances!
- Entire month of April - We have another Friday, Progressive Series for you..... Bolero with Debbie Housand. This is her favorite dance folks so it will be good. One hour class, one hour practice $10 Members, $12 Non-Members.
- Saturday, April 8!! It's a SPRING FLING! You can bet this will be a very special event with Michele and Peyton at the wheel.
- Wear your "springiest" outfit and bring your favorite "Springish" covered dish to welcome the season!
- Door Prizes
- Lots of Mixers
- REGULAR prices for this very SPECIAL event!
Group Classes April 2017
April group classes start on Monday, April 3, 2017. The very best time to start is on the first week so that you get the full benefit of the learn, repeat, learn some more, repeat, etc system.
The first step is to pick a class that fits your skill level -
- Advanced Samba - Monday 7:00 - 8:00p by Debbie Housand (4 week class)
- Intermediate/Advanced Waltz- Tuesday 7:00 - 8:00p by David Roland (4 week class)
- Beginner 1 -Tango - Wednesdays 7:00 - 7:00p by Debbie Housand (4 week class)
- Beginner 2 - Foxtrot - Wednesday 8:00 - 9:00p by James Jiang (4 week class)
- Technique - Tango - Thursday 6:00 - 7:00p by David Roland (4 week class)
Prices for Classes:
Wednesday Beginner Classes:
- $10 per week
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday Classes:
- $12 per Class
- Member Discount for Advance Payment - $10 per Class
CREDIT CARDS ACCEPTED
All classes require instructor approval if started in week 2 or after.
Videos Posted - Change of Location for new Videos
Due to a change with Shutterfly, we are now posting videos from lessons and workshops on this website.
You can click on "videos" in the menu section in the top right corner of the website and then choose the video you would like to review.
Prior to August 2016, you can see past videos on the BDC Shutterfly site. The link to the Shutterfly site is also listed in this "video" section for your convenience.
Floor Use Reminder
Practice: One of the benefits of being a BDC member is that you can rent our dance floor for practice about any time except during BDC classes and parties for only $10 an hour. You must be a member to rent the floor and there is a limit of four people. Contact Pam or Todd for the code to get in the building and for the alarm.
Procedure - You can either drop the money in the safe with envelopes provided (with your name) or put your name on the log located on the supply cabinet and you will be billed the next month. Please remember to either leave payment or log your time, we are on the honor system here!
Special Events: The floor can also be rented for special events such as anniversaries provided it is not already scheduled and it is approved by the board. Sundays are about the only evening time slots we have available - we are very busy! And that is a good thing.
Pre-Paid Admittance Cards
Need a gift idea? The new cards are printed and will fit the bill perfectly for any BDC activity. The cards may be purchased in any amount for any BDC activity. - classes, parties, workshops, balls! This is a great a way to encourage a friend to give dancing a try or simply make it easier for our current members to participate a little more. For more information email Connie Vance - firstname.lastname@example.org
To protect our beautiful floor, please wear dance shoes or smooth leather soles that have been cleaned of street dirt. Spike heels or other type shoes will harm the floor.