Please click on "silent auction" under Today's Activities on the right side of this page. This will link you to a complete list of items and all bid information.
The complete list with descriptions and pictures will give you a minimum bid for each item. You may bid by replying to the email with the item# and amount. Incoming bids will be listed on the form in the order they were received and then posted on our website daily. This way you can easily see what the high bid is on a daily basis.
February classes start Monday, Feb 2
To get the most of out classes, please choose the dance skill level that fits you best and start with the first week if possible because these classes are all progressive. This means that the first week you will learn a pattern and it will be repeated the following weeks with new steps added. Repetition is the best learning method for most of us!
- $40 for 4 weeks paid in advance - members
- $15 each for a class not paid for in advance-members
- Requires instructor approval
- $15 each for single classes paid in advance - guests
- $50 for 4 weeks paid in advance - guests
Virginia does not want a fuss made, but she made a very generous donation this week and joins a growing list of members who have made significant contributions to BDC in the last three months. We love you Virginia-thank you!
Many thanks to Betty C also, she donated a complete set of beautiful china (including serving pieces) for the silent auction-her wedding china-still boxed! Thank you Betty, it is beautiful!
New! Pre-Paid Admittance Cards
Need a gift idea? New cards are being printed that will fit the bill perfectly for any BDC activity. The cards may be purchased in any amount for any BDC activity. - classes, parties, workshops, balls! This is a great a way to encourage a friend to give dancing a try or simply make it easier for our current members to participate a little more. For more information, reply to this email.
GALA EVENT OF THE YEAR!!
We are making BIG plans to celebrate several events in one grand ball. The ball of all balls!
- Last year was our Chapter's 25th anniversary but we did not have time to celebrate because of all the construction.
- We are back and better than ever after our fire on February 23 last year. We are "up from the ashes" for sure and in our own home.
- We also want to celebrate having such a nice facility. We are grateful to so many of our members who have given so much to make this happen.
- Ladies, if you want to plan your very best fancy schmancy dress ahead of time, there will be a special "fire dance" for everyone wearing "fire colors". Red, yellow, orange, etc.
- Click here for details to follow but just know….. this will be our BIG event of the year!
To protect our beautiful floor, please wear dance shoes or smooth leather soles that have been cleaned of street dirt. Spike heels or other type shoes will harm the floor.
NEW! Facebook Page
A great BIG thanks to Jan Hyatt for putting up a new Facebook page for us. One problem she encountered is that someone put up a Ballroom Dance Facebook page within the last year but is not being used. Having 2 pages will be confusing and this page comes up in a search before our new one. If you put this page up, thank you very much for being so progressive, but we do need for it to be taken down to avoid confusion.
Be a Friend!! This is a link to our new Page-- https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ballroom-Dance-Charleston-SC-USA-Dance-Chapter-6021/308316816029009
Provided below are the contact phone numbers of our independent dance instructors:
- Debbie Housand, 843-991-3601
- David Roland, 843-568-6888
- Jason Creel and Sheela Agrawal (256) 348-6700, (256) 566-6222