MEMBERSHIP INFORMATION: (Call Pam Levi if you have questions - 843-277-7050)
- Click here for membership information
- Click here for membership application.
- Click here for membership frequently asked questions and answered
Mark your calendars, there is something for everyone in May!
Our volunteers make all this possible, thank you, thank you, thank you.
Friday, May 27 - Shag Dance Party
- 7:30 Shag Lesson with Linda Walker
- 8:30 Dance Party with Shag music provided by DJ Betty Brown
- Snacks and Soda Provided. You may bring your drink of choice.
- $10 BDC members, $15 Non-Members
Group Classes June 2016
June classes start on Wednesday, June 1 and the very best time to start is on the first week so that you get the full benefit of the learn, repeat, learn some more, repeat, etc system.
The first step is to pick a class that fits your skill level -
- Advanced Waltz - Monday 7:00 - 8:00p by Debbie Housand
- All Levels Viennese Waltz - Tuesday 7:00 - 8:00p by David Roland
- Beginner 1 Tango - Wednesdays 7:00 - 7:45p by Debbie Housand
- Beginner Practice Dance - Wednesday 7:45-8:15 (Two Instructors will be available to help)
- Beginner 2 Foxtrot - Wednesday 8:15 - 9:00p by Mike Hogarth
- Technique - Tango - Thursday 6:00 - 7:00p by David Roland
- Foxtrot - Saturday 3:00 - 4:00pm by James Jiang
Prices for Classes:
- $10 per week for members, non-members or drop-ins. You do not have to pay in advance.
Member's Class (all levels/classes except beginner class):
- $10 per week paid in advance
- $15 for single class NOT paid in advance
Guests (Non-BDC Members) all levels/classes except beginner class:
- $15 per week paid in advance
- $20 for drop-ins for class (all drop-ins require instructor permission)
All classes require instructor approval if started in week 2 or after.
Many of us prefer to pay with credit cards and many prefer cash. We hope to offer you both methods.
Last Sunday the board approved a trial run to offer the convenience of credit cards to our dancers and guests who prefer that method.
Only Todd, Connie, and Sharon will be working with the credit cards in the beginning -- we hope to be up and running next week sometime. Other reception volunteers will be added if it works smoothly and they are willing. It will not be a requirement.
There are two qualifications the board set for offering this service to you:
1. Credit card fees will be paid by the customer
2. It should not make it hard for our volunteers at the desk.
All major credit cards will be accepted for a fee of .0275% for swipes. A manual entry would cost .035% plus 15 cents.
Examples of the total cost for credit card charge swipes are:
$10 party pass = $10.28
$15 party pass = $15.41
$25 advance tickets for Spring Ball = $25.69
$40 Monthly Class = $41.10
Need to review what you learned? We have videos posted on our Shutterfly site from lessons and workshops. The last five are shown with clips but to see all, go to the bottom of the videos shown and click or click here to "show all videos".
Also, we have many picture albums including 40+ special parties since December 2012 plus "the fire on February 23, 2014. This is a nice walk down memory lane, what we have at BDC is very special.
Floor Use Reminder
Practice: One of the benefits of being a BDC member is that you can rent our dance floor for practice about any time except during BDC classes and parties for only $10 an hour. You must be a member to rent the floor and there is a limit of four people. Contact Pam or Todd for the code to get in the building and for the alarm.
Procedure - You can either drop the money in the safe with envelopes provided (with your name) or put your name on the log located on the supply cabinet and you will be billed the next month. Please remember to either leave payment or log your time, we are on the honor system here!
Special Events: The floor can also be rented for special events such as anniversaries provided it is not already scheduled and it is approved by the board. Sundays are about the only evening time slots we have available - we are very busy! And that is a good thing.
Pre-Paid Admittance Cards
Need a gift idea? The new cards are printed and will fit the bill perfectly for any BDC activity. The cards may be purchased in any amount for any BDC activity. - classes, parties, workshops, balls! This is a great a way to encourage a friend to give dancing a try or simply make it easier for our current members to participate a little more. For more information email Connie Vance - email@example.com
To protect our beautiful floor, please wear dance shoes or smooth leather soles that have been cleaned of street dirt. Spike heels or other type shoes will harm the floor.