MEMBERSHIP INFORMATION: (Call Pam Levi if you have questions - 843-277-7050)
- Click here for membership information
- Click here for membership application.
- Click here for membership frequently asked questions and answered
Click here for the August calendar.
Friday, July 29 - Viennese Waltz Workshop
- 7:00 - 9:30 Workshop with David Roland
- Viennese Waltz is a beautiful dance but technique is very important to make it feel and look right. David is known as the Dance Doctor when it comes to spotting those little technique problems that get in the way. A two-hour workshop will give you time to really get it from your head down to your feet and frame. Repetition works!
- 8:00 Snack Break
- Reception Todd Biegger, Host Marcia Hessert
- $25 BDC Members, $35 Non-Members
- Please pre-register so that we can plan snacks, but it not required for attendance!
Saturday, July 30 - Dance Party
3:00 Foxtrot Class with James Jiang
- 7:30 Foxtrot Lesson with Debbie Housand
- 8:30 - 11:00 Dance Party with DJ Shirley Cooper, Reception Sharon Keene, and Host Cynthia LaRoche
- $10 BDC Members, $15 Non-Members *
- * Discounts -USA Dance Members who live outside the Tri-County Area, Students under 25, and Active Military all get in for the member price of $10.
- If it is your first time at BDC, ask for a $5 discount coupon!
Lineup for August
Add it up! It's another big month - 1 Sock Hop, 1 Luau, 2 Workshops, 1 Line Dance Lesson, 4 Regular Ballroom Dance Parties, 6 weekly classes. All thanks to our volunteers.
Friday, August 5 - 50's Sock Hop with Rebecca Long
Saturday, August 6 - Potluck Hawaiian Luau with a Waltz Lesson with James Jiang AND a Hula Lesson from Liza Bickley
Sunday, August 14 - Argentine Tango Milonga
Friday, August 26 - West Coast Line Dance Lesson with Linda Scott PLUS a regular party.
TWO workshops again this month!
If you want to learn or perfect a dance, workshops are a great way to get it from your head down to your feet-- repetition works! This month we have two very different dance styles and feels. Click here for more information.
$25 BDC Members, $35 Non-Members
Please pre-register by replying to this email or signing at the desk.
Pre-payment not required.
Group Classes August 2016
August group classes start on Monday, August 1, 2016. The very best time to start is on the first week so that you get the full benefit of the learn, repeat, learn some more, repeat, etc system.
The first step is to pick a class that fits your skill level -
- Advanced Multi Dances - Monday 7:00 - 8:00p by Debbie Housand
- Intermediate/Advanced Foxtrot - Tuesday 7:00 - 8:00p by David Roland
- Beginner 1 Rumba - Wednesdays 7:00 - 7:45p by Debbie Housand
- Beginner Practice Dance - Wednesday 7:45-8:15 (Two Instructors will be available to help)
- Beginner 2 Waltz - Wednesday 8:15 - 9:00p by Mike Hogarth
- Technique - Rumba - Thursday 6:00 - 7:00p by David Roland
Prices for Classes:
- $10 per week for members, non-members or drop-ins. You do not have to pay in advance.
Member's Class (all levels/classes except beginner class):
- $10 per week paid in advance
- $15 for single class NOT paid in advance
Guests (Non-BDC Members) all levels/classes except beginner class:
- $15 per week paid in advance
- $20 for drop-ins for class (all drop-ins require instructor permission)
CREDIT CARDS ACCEPTED
All classes require instructor approval if started in week 2 or after.
Need to review what you learned? We have videos posted on our Shutterfly site from lessons and workshops. The last five are shown with clips but to see all, go to the bottom of the videos shown and click or click here to "show all videos".
Also, we have many picture albums including 40+ special parties since December 2012 plus "the fire on February 23, 2014. This is a nice walk down memory lane, what we have at BDC is very special.
Floor Use Reminder
Practice: One of the benefits of being a BDC member is that you can rent our dance floor for practice about any time except during BDC classes and parties for only $10 an hour. You must be a member to rent the floor and there is a limit of four people. Contact Pam or Todd for the code to get in the building and for the alarm.
Procedure - You can either drop the money in the safe with envelopes provided (with your name) or put your name on the log located on the supply cabinet and you will be billed the next month. Please remember to either leave payment or log your time, we are on the honor system here!
Special Events: The floor can also be rented for special events such as anniversaries provided it is not already scheduled and it is approved by the board. Sundays are about the only evening time slots we have available - we are very busy! And that is a good thing.
Pre-Paid Admittance Cards
Need a gift idea? The new cards are printed and will fit the bill perfectly for any BDC activity. The cards may be purchased in any amount for any BDC activity. - classes, parties, workshops, balls! This is a great a way to encourage a friend to give dancing a try or simply make it easier for our current members to participate a little more. For more information email Connie Vance - email@example.com
To protect our beautiful floor, please wear dance shoes or smooth leather soles that have been cleaned of street dirt. Spike heels or other type shoes will harm the floor.